Non-profit organisation ProPublica has been running its Data Institute for a couple of years now, aiming to make data journalism and database design more accessible to reporters.
Some of the resources used in the classes are now available online so that anyone can use them at home.
She covers things such as an introduction to coding for journalists, basic CSS, and how to build websites. She also explains some of the exercises students participated in during the lessons.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- New initiative Lookout360° is offering training and mentorship to help journalists produce immersive stories on climate change
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app