Non-profit organisation ProPublica has been running its Data Institute for a couple of years now, aiming to make data journalism and database design more accessible to reporters.
Some of the resources used in the classes are now available online so that anyone can use them at home.
She covers things such as an introduction to coding for journalists, basic CSS, and how to build websites. She also explains some of the exercises students participated in during the lessons.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update
- Data journalists, unite! How data journalism is evolving in Brazil
- Data sharing is caring: BBC boosts local news output through its Shared Data Unit