Your brand needs to be constantly creating and posting as much content as possible, in a way that is contextual to each social platform. But how can you do that without hiring a team of multimedia journalists?
This one-day, intensive training will shift the way you think about producing and distributing content online. You’ll learn how to craft your social media content strategy and quickly produce a range of multimedia posts for different audiences, driving traffic to your social pages and engagement to your business.
Using just your smartphone, Caroline Scott will teach you how to single-handedly produce professional videos, audio and photographs for your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and IGTV profiles.
This course will help you think creatively about generating content that your audiences will genuinely want to engage with.
Aimed at journalists, entrepreneurs, marketers, PRs and communications teams, this course is perfect for anyone who wants to produce visual, engaging content on their mobile, and develop a strategy to drive audiences to their brand.
As with all Journalism.co.uk courses, the training will focus on the latest tools and techniques with an emphasis on practical, hands-on learning.
A sandwich buffet lunch, tea and coffee are included.
Delegates will need a laptop/tablet/notebook and an iOS or Android smartphone.
You will learn:
- The workings of 'The Social Media Content Pyramid' – how to repurpose a single 'pillar' piece of content for different audiences on different platforms;
- How articles, memes, videos, images, quotes, stories, mashups and GIFs, can help you build an audience and drive traffic to your site and services;
- How to use the latest apps and tools to create a range of multimedia content;
- How to engage with your audience on each platform to develop a strong, trusted brand;
- Loads of time-saving tips and techniques.
At the end of this course you will have a deeper understanding of:
- How you can build an effective social media content strategy;
- What type of content engages audiences on each social platform;
- And how to produce a range of content on your smartphone
This course is aimed at those with some prior social media experience. It is not suitable for total beginners.
This course will be held at The Bridge, 81 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0NQ.
About Caroline Scott
Caroline Scott is a freelance mobile journalist and social media expert. She was previously the deputy editor and lead trainer for Journalism.co.uk, reporting on the latest innovations and trends that are changing the digital journalism industry. Her work over the past few years has been heavily influenced by the growth of mobile journalism, by both the technology enabling reporters to better connect with their audiences, and the innovative projects news organisations are producing with smartphones.
Prior to reporting for Journalism.co.uk, she was based in the South Atlantic where she developed a television station and its news programming for the population of the Falkland Islands. Her work as a freelance videographer includes producing short films, documentaries and educational material for various companies in the UK.