If you’re thinking about becoming a freelance photojournalist, you’ve probably thought about the stories you’d most like to shoot, the places you’d like to visit, and the publications you’d like to pitch.
But how much do you know about the realities of freelancing, from the financials to what it’s like on the ground, and achieving a work life balance?
Get started by reading this Q&A with Adriane Ohanesian published by Mandla Chinula on IJNet, where Ohanesian, who has worked in South Sundan and Myanmar among other places, shares her take on success as a freelance photojournalist.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes