If you’re thinking about becoming a freelance photojournalist, you’ve probably thought about the stories you’d most like to shoot, the places you’d like to visit, and the publications you’d like to pitch.
But how much do you know about the realities of freelancing, from the financials to what it’s like on the ground, and achieving a work life balance?
Get started by reading this Q&A with Adriane Ohanesian published by Mandla Chinula on IJNet, where Ohanesian, who has worked in South Sundan and Myanmar among other places, shares her take on success as a freelance photojournalist.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects