The one-day conference will offer delegates a day of inspiring presentations, practical workshops and topical discussions with experts and innovators from the digital journalism industry. Sessions will focus on the latest techniques and tools being used in forward-thinking newsrooms in the UK and beyond.
Some of the initial themes we plan to cover at the event:
- curation and the journalist as a manager
- user-generated-content and building the community into the newsgathering process
- data journalism, including where to find data and initial research pointers
- social standards and best practice for online interactions
Delegates will be able to attend four sessions in total on the day, out of a choice of six, as well one workshop from a choice of three.
We will also bring back the news:rewired lightning round, which will give innovators in the journalism industry a chance to showcase their work during two minute talks.
We will be announcing more session and speaker details very soon; keep an eye on www.newsrewired.com for regular updates
There are two ticketing options for news:rewired:
- news:rewired: Delegates can purchase a ticket for the one-day conference at the earlybird discount rate of £95 (+VAT). There are just 50 early-bird tickets available, which we will sell until Friday 25 January. After this date, or once all 50 tickets have been bought (whichever comes first), ticket prices will rise to £130 (+VAT). Tickets include lunch, refreshments and after event drinks on the day.
- news:rewired PLUS: These tickets offer a place at the conference, as well as a day of intensive training the day before the event. The three options on offer for the day of training prior to the event are advanced online research with Colin Meek, data visualisation with Paul Bradshaw and Caroline Beavon, and online video journalism with Adam Westbrook. Space on these training courses will be limited and running of them will be subject to demand.
news:rewired PLUS tickets are also available at an earlybird discount rate of £280 (+VAT). When all earlybird tickets have been sold, or by Friday 25 January, whichever comes first, news:rewired PLUS tickets will also rise to £310 (+VAT).
You can buy either of these tickets at this link. If you select a news:rewired PLUS ticket Journalism.co.uk will contact you to confirm which training course you would like to attend on the Thursday (18 April) and provide further details.
Free daily newsletter
- Speakers from Quartz and NOA join newsrewired in March to discuss news on voice devices
- New talk and demo at newsrewired: A news game in virtual reality
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- Tip: How to innovate when working on your own
- Newsrewired keynote: 10 lessons from De Correspondent about the changing face of news memberships