Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? iSaidWhat? is a well thought out audio app that allows you to record and edit clips.
It allows you to alter the recording input level, write a script that you can access from the main recording screen and edit by trimming and arranging clips. You can share clips via email (via m4a or wav formats) or over a wireless network.
Reviews: It gets three stars in iTunes App Store.
Recommended by: ABC NSW political reporter @MarkTobinSydney, ABC news reporters @RyanSheales and ABC journalist @Wendycarlisle
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Free daily newsletter
- Five tips for building an audience for your podcast
- Live-streaming app Happs is set to innovate breaking news
- App for journalists: Curio, for turning text articles into audio files
- Can TikTok save journalism? The Washington Post is set to find out
- App for journalists: Voice Record Pro, for transcribing audio interviews