Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? iSaidWhat? is a well thought out audio app that allows you to record and edit clips.
It allows you to alter the recording input level, write a script that you can access from the main recording screen and edit by trimming and arranging clips. You can share clips via email (via m4a or wav formats) or over a wireless network.
Reviews: It gets three stars in iTunes App Store.
Recommended by: ABC NSW political reporter @MarkTobinSydney, ABC news reporters @RyanSheales and ABC journalist @Wendycarlisle
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Free daily newsletter
- What will be the lasting legacy of the pandemic on the digital media world?
- Audio, the least stressful medium for news? Yes and no
- 30 mojo apps from BBC trainer Marc Blank-Settle
- James Hewes, CEO of FIPP, on the legacy of the pandemic on digital media
- How AI can help publishers use archives to engage audience