Operating systems: Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad)
What is it and how is it of use to journalists? iSaidWhat? is a well thought out audio app that allows you to record and edit clips.
It allows you to alter the recording input level, write a script that you can access from the main recording screen and edit by trimming and arranging clips. You can share clips via email (via m4a or wav formats) or over a wireless network.
Reviews: It gets three stars in iTunes App Store.
Recommended by: ABC NSW political reporter @MarkTobinSydney, ABC news reporters @RyanSheales and ABC journalist @Wendycarlisle
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Free daily newsletter
- Have you heard the news? You can now talk to the New York Times
- The Economist launches new daily current-affairs podcast The Intelligence
- App for journalists: Storyflow, for getting creative with your social media stories
- App for journalists: Shapr, for networking with other media professionals
- Crowdsourcing, engagement and 360-degree video: Here is your weekly journalism news update