According to Business Week online, Digg president Kevin Rose told the eBay Developers Conference in Las Vegas yesterday that the site is to begin carrying non-technology based stories and is to redesign.
Digg uses a non-hierarchical editorial control system where users submit stories into a holding area for review.
Rather than letting an editor set the news agenda for the site, users vote for individual stories. Those that gain the highest number of votes move onto the front page.
Free daily newsletter
- Why collaboration makes sense for the Ukraine Desk outlets
- Tip of the day from Journalism.co.uk - Breaking into social news
- Adrie van der Luijt parts company with Atalink
- Laura Rainbow takes up role as reporter on Camping & Caravanning magazine
- Victoria Grima appointed features editor of Mining Journal