The opening panel at the newsrewired conference will explore what the younger generation (13-24), who never knew life without smartphones, wants from news organisations.
The panellists will look at how to get the Gen Z engaged with your brand and, crucially, make them stay so you get ahead of your competition.
Ellen Stewart, head of content at the world's most-read LGBT media platform, PinkNews, specialises in audience development and editorial campaigns. For the past three months she has acted as launch Snapchat editor, with PinkNews becoming the first LGBT+ outlet to publish to Discover.
She previously worked at the Evening Standard as acting growth editor and head of social, where she built an audience team from the ground up and successfully delivered double-figure growth across social and SEO.
Prior to that Stewart worked at The Independent, Time Inc., DMGT, AOL and HuffPost.
The next newsrewired digital journalism conference takes place on 7 November 2018 at Reuters, London.
The programme includes panels, workshops and spotlight talks on artificial intelligence in the newsroom, new social media strategies for content sharing, verifying content in the age of fake news, how to build revenue with a membership programme, and more. Book your ticket here for just £190+VAT.
If you’d like to contribute as a speaker or sponsor, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Free daily newsletter
- How can we improve team communication in times of working from home?
- World’s leading expert on design thinking to give keynote at Newsrewired
- Newsrewired to offer 40 virtual places to local journalists thanks to support from the Google News Initiative
- Learn how to start using artificial intelligence in your newsroom (before it is too late)
- Engage your audience with constructive journalism