The opening panel at the newsrewired conference will explore what the younger generation (13-24), who never knew life without smartphones, wants from news organisations.
The panellists will look at how to get the Gen Z engaged with your brand and, crucially, make them stay so you get ahead of your competition.
Ellen Stewart, head of content at the world's most-read LGBT media platform, PinkNews, specialises in audience development and editorial campaigns. For the past three months she has acted as launch Snapchat editor, with PinkNews becoming the first LGBT+ outlet to publish to Discover.
She previously worked at the Evening Standard as acting growth editor and head of social, where she built an audience team from the ground up and successfully delivered double-figure growth across social and SEO.
Prior to that Stewart worked at The Independent, Time Inc., DMGT, AOL and HuffPost.
The next newsrewired digital journalism conference takes place on 7 November 2018 at Reuters, London.
The programme includes panels, workshops and spotlight talks on artificial intelligence in the newsroom, new social media strategies for content sharing, verifying content in the age of fake news, how to build revenue with a membership programme, and more. Book your ticket here for just £190+VAT.
If you’d like to contribute as a speaker or sponsor, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Free daily newsletter
- Vogue International’s Sarah Marshall to keynote at Journalism.co.uk’s next Newsrewired conference
- Announcing the agenda for the next newsrewired conference
- Constructive journalism, email newsletters and VR: Here's your weekly journalism news update
- Catch up on newsrewired, our 22nd digital journalism conference
- Date for your diary: The next newsrewired event is on 7 November