In this week's podcast, we speak to Glen Mulcahy, mobile journalism trainer and the founder of MojoFest – a global gathering of people that are using their smartphones to produce professional-quality content for audiences on television, radio and online.
Glen's been at the forefront of mobile journalism development, and has trained not only reporters all around the world in how to tell stories with their mobile phones, but a range of organisations, businesses and NGOs to harness the potential of smartphones as content creation devices.
He tells us how the mobile journalism community has evolved over the past few years and what the future has in store for mobile content creators. We also asked MojoFest delegates to give us their biggest takeaways from the conference, and we give you a sneak-peek into some of the golden nuggets of information that we heard.
Free daily newsletter
- Mobile journalism, apps and video formats: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- ‘Our stories are best told by us’: How students are aiming to shape storytelling in Africa through mobile journalism
- Why two African university students organised their own conference to teach their peers about mobile journalism
- Need to catch up? Here's your weekly journalism news update
- How to get started with IGTV, Instagram's new long-form video feature