In this week's podcast, we speak to Glen Mulcahy, mobile journalism trainer and the founder of MojoFest – a global gathering of people that are using their smartphones to produce professional-quality content for audiences on television, radio and online.
Glen's been at the forefront of mobile journalism development, and has trained not only reporters all around the world in how to tell stories with their mobile phones, but a range of organisations, businesses and NGOs to harness the potential of smartphones as content creation devices.
He tells us how the mobile journalism community has evolved over the past few years and what the future has in store for mobile content creators. We also asked MojoFest delegates to give us their biggest takeaways from the conference, and we give you a sneak-peek into some of the golden nuggets of information that we heard.
Free daily newsletter
- 3 free apps for screen-recording on your Android smartphone
- How to tackle the challenges of implementing mobile journalism in the newsroom
- BBC mobile journalism pilot scheme sees 15 experienced camera operators shoot with iPhones over three months
- No filter: The importance of light when you're taking photos with your smartphone
- App for journalists: Vlogit, for producing eye-catching social videos