In this latest podcast, we're looking at the future of reader comments on news stories.
The Chicago Sun-Times, Reuters, tech site Re/Code and Popular Science magazine have all switched them off. Are they redundant in the age of social media?
This week's guests:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm
- Charles Arthur, freelance journalist and former technology editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- Amanpour: 'authoritarianism is creeping westward where it has no business belonging'
- Julie Posetti: post-pandemic journalism will be 'more mission-driven, public service-focused, and audience-centred'
- Tip: How to keep your social media accounts safe
- Reuters launches AI-powered tool to speed up discovery of historic videos
- So you graduated in journalism. Now what?