In this latest podcast, we're looking at the future of reader comments on news stories.
The Chicago Sun-Times, Reuters, tech site Re/Code and Popular Science magazine have all switched them off. Are they redundant in the age of social media?
This week's guests:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm
- Charles Arthur, freelance journalist and former technology editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- What makes social audiences click and read your article?
- Social media in the Middle East: five trends journalists need to know about
- When social media audiences are not interested in facts, how can journalists report the truth?
- BBC News shows that hard-hitting solutions journalism stories can thrive on social media
- LinkedIn: here is what journalism students need to know