In this latest podcast, we're looking at the future of reader comments on news stories.
The Chicago Sun-Times, Reuters, tech site Re/Code and Popular Science magazine have all switched them off. Are they redundant in the age of social media?
This week's guests:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm
- Charles Arthur, freelance journalist and former technology editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- Facebook ban on news in Australia: "It caught us completely off guard"
- How to track down case studies for your next article
- Tip: Keep your cool on social media
- Five golden rules for using images to engage readers with your story
- How covid-19 impacted journalism in emerging economies and the Global South