In this latest podcast, we're looking at the future of reader comments on news stories.
The Chicago Sun-Times, Reuters, tech site Re/Code and Popular Science magazine have all switched them off. Are they redundant in the age of social media?
This week's guests:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm
- Charles Arthur, freelance journalist and former technology editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- Digital News Report, #GENSummit and mobile journalism apps: here is your weekly journalism news update
- 'We are just like the audience': AJ+ is reinventing its newsroom to reach the younger generation
- Facebook plans to help news publishers generate revenue
- The Economist is using interactive data-driven Stories to widen its Instagram community
- Know your rights: what should journalists do when their copyright is infringed?