In this latest podcast, we're looking at the future of reader comments on news stories.
The Chicago Sun-Times, Reuters, tech site Re/Code and Popular Science magazine have all switched them off. Are they redundant in the age of social media?
This week's guests:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm
- Charles Arthur, freelance journalist and former technology editor, the Guardian
Free daily newsletter
- Google rolls out algorithm changes to reward news organisations for original reporting
- Just how effective is YouTube's new fact-checking feature?
- Tip: Boost your social media presence
- 10 free sources of data on the media industry and news audiences
- Weekly journalism news update: Memes, mobile journalism and millennials