Solutions journalism, also known as constructive journalism, is the method of investigating solutions to problems, rather than solely reporting on the issues themselves.
It is thought to not only engage audiences, but also to change the way news consumers think and feel about the world, by empowering them to understand how problems can be tackled more effectively.
This week's guests are:
- Samantha McCann, network curator, Solutions Journalism Network
- Mary Hockaday, controller, BBC World Service English
- Seán Dagan Wood, editor-in-chief, Positive News
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to produce captivating Instagram Stories
- BBC's 100 Women Challenge will report from four cities with solutions journalism angle
- Pen, paper and data: Orb's approach to global reporting
- Tip: Make use of these resources for community building
- For its first Facebook community, Bloomberg brought readers together to talk about personal finance