The new year is a good time for us journalists to look at what we do, and how we can do it better.
In our first podcast of 2015, we examine three emerging areas in online journalism that could provide new opportunities to develop career skills: drones, automated journalism and online rumour control.
Paul McNally speaks to:
- Daniel Easterman, journalist turned web-developer, creator of a recent drone journalism project
- Adam Long, director of product management for 'robot journalism' firm Automated Insights
- Jonathan Bernstein, crisis management consultant and trainer
You can hear future Journalism.co.uk podcasts by subscribing to us on iTunes.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: A beginner’s guide to launching a podcast
- Our.News creates 'nutritional' fact-checking labels to help audiences make healthier news consumption choices
- Seven new journalism podcasts to help you get through the pandemic
- Digital News Report 2020: covid-19 accelerates digital shifts in the media industry
- Tip: Producing podcasts from home