Twelve podcasts collected awards last week (4 March 2020) at the Publisher Podcast Awards. One of those was Crazy/Genius, a show produced by The Atlantic, which picked up not only Best technology podcast but also Publisher podcast of the year award across all categories.
None of this would have been possible, however, without 31 judges sifting through more than 120 entries to choose the winners. One of those was Jemima Villanueva, executive director, EMEA, The Atlantic, UK - who, for clarity, only judged on the lifestyle category, which The Atlantic was not competing in.
But what made the winners stand out from the runners up? In this week's podcast, Villanueva reveals where the battle for attention is won and lost in podcasts, as well as the cutting edge quality which helped Crazy/Genius seal its awards.
And now for Publisher Podcast of the Year 2020, chosen by the @mediavoicespod team from the category winners. This podcast will be taking home an amazing package from @thisisdax. Congratulations Crazy/Genius by @TheAtlantic! #pubpodawards pic.twitter.com/vIPrSIglb7— The Publisher Podcast Awards (@pubpodawards) March 4, 2020
Free daily newsletter
- What makes a good writer? Human stories, active voice and an open mind
- Advertorial | Rethinking audio discovery: from page views to listens
- Subscription strategy lessons from The Atlantic, Bloomberg and Business Insider
- Eight ways to make audio pay in smaller newsrooms
- Nine ways newsrooms can incorporate more audio in their work