Publishers track the behaviour of their audience to build more meaningful connections with readers and serve ads better targeted to them, but what do they need to think about before they do this?
Check out this article from Melody Kramer at Poynter, who gives us the questions that need to be asked by news organisations before integrating apps and third-party tools.
Kramer reached out to Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, senior staff technologist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who told her how organisations can respect privacy choices and educate users on data collection and retention policies.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects