Publishers track the behaviour of their audience to build more meaningful connections with readers and serve ads better targeted to them, but what do they need to think about before they do this?
Check out this article from Melody Kramer at Poynter, who gives us the questions that need to be asked by news organisations before integrating apps and third-party tools.
Kramer reached out to Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, senior staff technologist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who told her how organisations can respect privacy choices and educate users on data collection and retention policies.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media