Publishers track the behaviour of their audience to build more meaningful connections with readers and serve ads better targeted to them, but what do they need to think about before they do this?
Check out this article from Melody Kramer at Poynter, who gives us the questions that need to be asked by news organisations before integrating apps and third-party tools.
Kramer reached out to Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, senior staff technologist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who told her how organisations can respect privacy choices and educate users on data collection and retention policies.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom