To offer a more comprehensive view of this landscape, including examples from around the web and the methodology behind data-driven projects, GIJN's Cedric Lombion has put together a list of 16 blogs curated by the School of Data.
It includes websites such as Flowing Data, which features tutorials and regular posts on trends and updates in the field of data visualisation; Junk Charts, where the author deconstructs dataviz work and often offers alternative approaches; and Chandoo, the go-to place to help you work faster with Excel and other similar software.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for selling your stories to editors
- Get with the program: The benefits of coding skills in the newsroom
- Tip: Here's how to become a better freelancer
- Tip: Remember this advice for covering events
- Tip: Bookmark this resource for getting started as a reporter in a new country