To offer a more comprehensive view of this landscape, including examples from around the web and the methodology behind data-driven projects, GIJN's Cedric Lombion has put together a list of 16 blogs curated by the School of Data.
It includes websites such as Flowing Data, which features tutorials and regular posts on trends and updates in the field of data visualisation; Junk Charts, where the author deconstructs dataviz work and often offers alternative approaches; and Chandoo, the go-to place to help you work faster with Excel and other similar software.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how podcasts can be used to teach other journalism skills
- Advice for young journalists from Martin Baron, executive editor, The Washington Post
- Tip: 4 approaches to make livestreams more interactive
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving your voice on air
- Tip: 9 ways to conclude your stories in style