To offer a more comprehensive view of this landscape, including examples from around the web and the methodology behind data-driven projects, GIJN's Cedric Lombion has put together a list of 16 blogs curated by the School of Data.
It includes websites such as Flowing Data, which features tutorials and regular posts on trends and updates in the field of data visualisation; Junk Charts, where the author deconstructs dataviz work and often offers alternative approaches; and Chandoo, the go-to place to help you work faster with Excel and other similar software.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this resource to cover the US presidential inauguration
- Tip: Bookmark this guide to creating documentation for staff changes in newsrooms
- Tip: Follow this advice to get more out of your weekly newsroom meeting
- Tip: Bookmark this online privacy resource for journalists
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for sticking to the word count