If one of your New Year's resolutions is to get started with data journalism, or to practice your data visualisation skills more, you can get inspired by looking at what others are doing.
Payman Taei, an entrepreneur, designer and founder of Visme, has rounded up 15 examples of great data visualisations in this post on the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) website.
Each of the examples on his list have one or more of the characteristics that strong data visualisations have in common, such as explaining a process, putting information into context or empowering the user.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this guide to get started as a freelancer abroad
- Tip: Remember this advice for submitting FOI requests
- Tip: Check out these 8 opportunities for journalists to apply for at the beginning of 2018
- Tip: Here's how to get started with data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark these pitching recommendations for photojournalists