If one of your New Year's resolutions is to get started with data journalism, or to practice your data visualisation skills more, you can get inspired by looking at what others are doing.
Payman Taei, an entrepreneur, designer and founder of Visme, has rounded up 15 examples of great data visualisations in this post on the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) website.
Each of the examples on his list have one or more of the characteristics that strong data visualisations have in common, such as explaining a process, putting information into context or empowering the user.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Try these 10 new investigative tools
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children