If one of your New Year's resolutions is to get started with data journalism, or to practice your data visualisation skills more, you can get inspired by looking at what others are doing.
Payman Taei, an entrepreneur, designer and founder of Visme, has rounded up 15 examples of great data visualisations in this post on the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) website.
Each of the examples on his list have one or more of the characteristics that strong data visualisations have in common, such as explaining a process, putting information into context or empowering the user.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- Tip: Bookmark these ways to be diverse and inclusive in your reporting
- Tip: How to get started with data journalism in a small newsroom
- Tip: Check out this budgeting advice for freelance journalists