If one of your New Year's resolutions is to get started with data journalism, or to practice your data visualisation skills more, you can get inspired by looking at what others are doing.
Payman Taei, an entrepreneur, designer and founder of Visme, has rounded up 15 examples of great data visualisations in this post on the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) website.
Each of the examples on his list have one or more of the characteristics that strong data visualisations have in common, such as explaining a process, putting information into context or empowering the user.
Free daily newsletter
- 5 ways data journalism became more innovative in the past few years
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom