Fact-checking can be a difficult task, especially if the journalist doing is is under pressure with deadlines.
To help you better handle politician's claims in your reporting, Peter Cunliffe-Jones, executive director of Africa Check, shared 10 tips in this article on Poynter's Fact-Checking Day blog.
He outlines the steps reporters should follow when fact-checking claims, from finding reliable sources to being careful how the final fact-check is presented to the public.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Tip: Advice for planning large editorial projects with fewer resources
- Tip: 6 suggestions for using multimedia tools to cover climate change