Fact-checking can be a difficult task, especially if the journalist doing is is under pressure with deadlines.
To help you better handle politician's claims in your reporting, Peter Cunliffe-Jones, executive director of Africa Check, shared 10 tips in this article on Poynter's Fact-Checking Day blog.
He outlines the steps reporters should follow when fact-checking claims, from finding reliable sources to being careful how the final fact-check is presented to the public.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets
- Tip: Check out these apps to enhance your mobile storytelling
- Tip: Check out this guide for getting started with investigative data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for pitching feature articles
- Tip: How journalists can find and visualise sports data