Elise Johnson, postgraduate journalism student at City University, has put together a short guide on the Interhacktives website, highlighting five key considerations for journalists covering news on the platform.
She recommends treating the first snap as the headline, and keeping it simple and concise; crafting a rough plan for your reporting before you delve into it, and remembering to film in vertical mode at all time to avoid confusing the audience.
Free daily newsletter
- How The Economist engages young audiences on Snapchat Discover
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018