Elise Johnson, postgraduate journalism student at City University, has put together a short guide on the Interhacktives website, highlighting five key considerations for journalists covering news on the platform.
She recommends treating the first snap as the headline, and keeping it simple and concise; crafting a rough plan for your reporting before you delve into it, and remembering to film in vertical mode at all time to avoid confusing the audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these helpful tools for writing faster
- Starting a journalism course at university? Here's how to make the most of your time there
- Tip: Check out this advice for writing a great column
- The Daily Vox is training young reporters to 'establish new traditions' in South African journalism
- Tip: Here's what you need to know before your first Facebook Live