Elise Johnson, postgraduate journalism student at City University, has put together a short guide on the Interhacktives website, highlighting five key considerations for journalists covering news on the platform.
She recommends treating the first snap as the headline, and keeping it simple and concise; crafting a rough plan for your reporting before you delve into it, and remembering to film in vertical mode at all time to avoid confusing the audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- The UGC hub at the BBC builds trust with readers by involving them in the reporting
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference