Elise Johnson, postgraduate journalism student at City University, has put together a short guide on the Interhacktives website, highlighting five key considerations for journalists covering news on the platform.
She recommends treating the first snap as the headline, and keeping it simple and concise; crafting a rough plan for your reporting before you delve into it, and remembering to film in vertical mode at all time to avoid confusing the audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Remember this copyright advice for social media newsgathering
- Be flexible and don't sensationalise: Advice for reporting on violence against women
- Tip: Up your newsroom's video output with these format ideas
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for using 360-degree video in stories
- Tip: How to write strong headlines for your stories