Elise Johnson, postgraduate journalism student at City University, has put together a short guide on the Interhacktives website, highlighting five key considerations for journalists covering news on the platform.
She recommends treating the first snap as the headline, and keeping it simple and concise; crafting a rough plan for your reporting before you delve into it, and remembering to film in vertical mode at all time to avoid confusing the audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Remember this advice for being more creative with social media storytelling
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- Tool for journalists: FotoForensics, for verifying images
- Tip: Check out this guide to encryption for beginners
- Tip: 18 ways to make data visualisations more mobile-friendly