A mobile phone can be a multimedia journalists' best friend when expected to produce stories across all media platforms when up against a deadline. As much as video and image editing apps can be a life saver, they can be a tricky experience too.
Fear not: Global Investigative Journalism Network's Ivo Burum shares tips and tools from structuring your story to shooting and editing B-roll.
“Editing is a form of digital writing that teaches journalists how to be better visual storytellers,” he writes. If you want to improve your visual storytelling, read these tips.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to land story scoops without contacts
- Tip: Hone your investigative journalism skills in the digital age
- Tip: Overcome networking nerves with these nine tricks
- Tip: Improve your proofreading skills with these pointers
- Newsroom diversity, storytelling and photography: Here is your weekly journalism news update