Devices: iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
What is it? An app that enables you to file video, images and audio to your newsdesk from your iPhone
How is it of use to journalists? If you want to get video, photo, audio or text files back to your newsroom when out and about, one way to do this is by FTP (which stands for File Transfer Protocol and is away of transferring files to a server over the internet).
This app for iOS devices allows you to enter the settings of your FTP server, and then transfer files from your phone.
There is an in-built text editor and you can continue to use your phone or iPad while files are uploading (or downloading) from the FTP server.
The app also allows you to transfer files over a wifi network and has local file storage, meaning you could use your phone to store files in place of a USB stick.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Free daily newsletter
- The Collectors: The RTÉ documentary filmed entirely on an iPhone 6S Plus in 4K
- How one reporter covered the attacks in Nice and Munich with a mobile phone
- Hindustan Times uses Snapchat filters to enable sexual assault survivors to speak freely on camera
- Mobile journalism experts to follow on Twitter
- Introducing our weekly guide to developments in mobile journalism: #mojomonday