Devices: iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
What is it? An app that enables you to file video, images and audio to your newsdesk from your iPhone
How is it of use to journalists? If you want to get video, photo, audio or text files back to your newsroom when out and about, one way to do this is by FTP (which stands for File Transfer Protocol and is away of transferring files to a server over the internet).
This app for iOS devices allows you to enter the settings of your FTP server, and then transfer files from your phone.
There is an in-built text editor and you can continue to use your phone or iPad while files are uploading (or downloading) from the FTP server.
The app also allows you to transfer files over a wifi network and has local file storage, meaning you could use your phone to store files in place of a USB stick.
Have you got a favourite app that you use as a journalist? Fill in this form to nominate an app for Journalism.co.uk’s app of the week for journalists.
Free daily newsletter
- App for journalists: PowerDirector, for advanced video editing on Android
- Tool for journalists: Shoulderpod X1 Pro, a production rig for your smartphone and accessories
- App for journalists: Clips, for creating videos with animated captions
- Tip: Tools and equipment advice for the beginner and more advanced mobile journalist
- With a 90 minute Facebook Live, CBC Calgary wants to 'flip the traditional broadcast-to-social workflow'