With less than four weeks to go until the next newsrewired digital journalism conference, the Journalism.co.uk team is pleased to announce a new speaker joining us on the day.
Beyond the Facebook News Feed — new social media strategies for content sharing
Matt McAlister is an experienced innovator and entrepreneur in media tech. He has led the digital business at print publications, developed open data initiatives at big media companies, and has started new companies in the news space.
Matt's latest focus is News With Friends, a social news app that does exactly what it says on the tin: allowing the public to follow the news and share it with those they know. It also has a ‘chat’ space where friends can continue to share more stories and talk about anything else. Journalism.co.uk spoke with Matt about the app and new content sharing strategies. Read more
The event will start with a keynote speech from Sarah Marshall, head of audience growth at Vogue International, who will share her best tips on growing your audience and spotting new trends in content sharing.
Free daily newsletter
- Meet your keynote speaker: Rouven Leuener, group head of digital product at Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- Five tips for breaking into broadcast
- Demystifying blockchain for journalists
- How Hashtag Our Stories is helping citizen journalists tell better stories
- The Cube shows viewers how it debunks misinformation while it is spreading online