With less than four weeks to go until the next newsrewired digital journalism conference, the Journalism.co.uk team is pleased to announce a new speaker joining us on the day.
Beyond the Facebook News Feed — new social media strategies for content sharing
Matt McAlister is an experienced innovator and entrepreneur in media tech. He has led the digital business at print publications, developed open data initiatives at big media companies, and has started new companies in the news space.
Matt's latest focus is News With Friends, a social news app that does exactly what it says on the tin: allowing the public to follow the news and share it with those they know. It also has a ‘chat’ space where friends can continue to share more stories and talk about anything else. Journalism.co.uk spoke with Matt about the app and new content sharing strategies. Read more
The event will start with a keynote speech from Sarah Marshall, head of audience growth at Vogue International, who will share her best tips on growing your audience and spotting new trends in content sharing.
Free daily newsletter
- How your news organisation can share Instagram Stories with a select audience
- How to cope with 'overwhelming' information in your newsroom
- 3 Instagram Story hacks that you might not have known existed
- Facebook: ‘We have a responsibility’ to help local news organisations find sustainable business models
- Tip: Check out these resources for journalists interested in social media