What elements should a TV news package include to be relevant and informative for the audience, and keep them interested throughout?
Dr David Dunkley Gyimah, who leads the Digital and Interactive Storytelling Lab at the University of Westminster, outlines 10 must-haves for powerful TV journalism in this post on Medium.
He points out interviews "form the basis" of television news packages, that the "part of the interview you're after is about emotion, or an opinion" and that stories should feature a range of opinions so that viewers themselves can "decide on veracity".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story