What elements should a TV news package include to be relevant and informative for the audience, and keep them interested throughout?
Dr David Dunkley Gyimah, who leads the Digital and Interactive Storytelling Lab at the University of Westminster, outlines 10 must-haves for powerful TV journalism in this post on Medium.
He points out interviews "form the basis" of television news packages, that the "part of the interview you're after is about emotion, or an opinion" and that stories should feature a range of opinions so that viewers themselves can "decide on veracity".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets