What elements should a TV news package include to be relevant and informative for the audience, and keep them interested throughout?
Dr David Dunkley Gyimah, who leads the Digital and Interactive Storytelling Lab at the University of Westminster, outlines 10 must-haves for powerful TV journalism in this post on Medium.
He points out interviews "form the basis" of television news packages, that the "part of the interview you're after is about emotion, or an opinion" and that stories should feature a range of opinions so that viewers themselves can "decide on veracity".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects