What elements should a TV news package include to be relevant and informative for the audience, and keep them interested throughout?
Dr David Dunkley Gyimah, who leads the Digital and Interactive Storytelling Lab at the University of Westminster, outlines 10 must-haves for powerful TV journalism in this post on Medium.
He points out interviews "form the basis" of television news packages, that the "part of the interview you're after is about emotion, or an opinion" and that stories should feature a range of opinions so that viewers themselves can "decide on veracity".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Try these 10 new investigative tools
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children