Newsrooms with fewer resources at their disposal, as well as legacy publishers, can still keep on top of digital trends and changes in how stories are produced and consumed online.
This Storybench article from Felippe Rodrigues, graduate student in Northeastern's Media Innovation programme, provides five digital practices for local TV stations, which can also be used by other local newsrooms.
He gives examples of how local organisations are using multimedia templates and user experience design to enhance their reporting online, and how livestreaming on social media can be used to tease a story that will air or get published later in the day.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Throwback Thursday: Multimedia is 'the way I consume media so it should also be the way I work with it'
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media