Newsrooms with fewer resources at their disposal, as well as legacy publishers, can still keep on top of digital trends and changes in how stories are produced and consumed online.
This Storybench article from Felippe Rodrigues, graduate student in Northeastern's Media Innovation programme, provides five digital practices for local TV stations, which can also be used by other local newsrooms.
He gives examples of how local organisations are using multimedia templates and user experience design to enhance their reporting online, and how livestreaming on social media can be used to tease a story that will air or get published later in the day.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects