Structuring your story format beyond text can be a difficult task, especially if you’re not sure which multimedia elements to include and which to leave out.
Tristan Ferne, executive producer at BBC Research & Development, outlined 12 types of online stories and the strengths of each format with handy practical examples, in this post on Medium.
Find out when and how it’s more beneficial to use short form or vertical video for example, when longform scrollytelling can be the way to go, how personalised news works, and when a chatty tone (with or without a bot) can be appropriate.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media