Structuring your story format beyond text can be a difficult task, especially if you’re not sure which multimedia elements to include and which to leave out.
Tristan Ferne, executive producer at BBC Research & Development, outlined 12 types of online stories and the strengths of each format with handy practical examples, in this post on Medium.
Find out when and how it’s more beneficial to use short form or vertical video for example, when longform scrollytelling can be the way to go, how personalised news works, and when a chatty tone (with or without a bot) can be appropriate.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to stay safe when covering elections and civil unrest
- Tip: 5 key aspects of video production to share with your newsroom
- Tip: How freelancers can collect late payments
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- Tip: Advice for transitioning from print to audio reporting