Whether you are a professional writer or are just starting out, concluding an interesting story can be tough – you need to consider the expectations of your audience, while ensuring you do your writing justice.
There are some simple techniques to bear in mind when it comes to the closure of an article, as listed in this piece by Vicki Krueger on Poynter.
She explains the 'hard and fast rules' for this, ranging from solving the problems in the story, to ensuring you look to the future and consider what may happen next.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects