The one-day event will take place at MSN UK's offices in Victoria, London on Friday 20 September, and will include panel discussions, inspiring presentations and a collection of practical workshops on key digital journalism skills including mapping, verification and how to get the most out of LinkedIn as a journalist.
A number of speakers have already been announced, including:
- Mathew Ingram, senior writer, GigaOm/PaidContent
- Chris Hamilton, social media editor, BBC News
- Claire Wardle, director of news services, Storyful
- James Ball, data editor, the Guardian
- Richard Moynihan, social media and community manager, Metro
- Daniel Ionescu, managing editor, the Lincolnite
- Richard George, coporate communications manager, EMEA, LinkedIn
- Darain Faraz, communications manager, LinkedIn
Only 50 of these were made available and are selling fast. Once all 50 have sold, or by the end of Friday 31 May, whichever comes first, ticket prices will rise to the standard price of £130 (+VAT).
‘news:rewired plus’ option:
As well as the discounted conference-only ticket (for £95 +VAT) there is also the option of a ‘news:rewired plus’ ticket, at an early bird discount rate of £280 +VAT, which gives entry to news:rewired on Friday 20 September as well as access to a Journalism.co.uk training course the day before (Thursday 19 September).
Delegates can choose from the three training courses below, to attend on the Thursday:
- Introduction to open data for journalists: finding stories in data - with Kathryn Corrick, Open Data Institute and Lisa Evans, School of Data
- Creating a buzz: How to grow active social media communities - with Luke Lewis, BuzzFeed UK
- Mobile journalism: How to create quality video and audio on an iPhone and iPad - with Glen Mulcahy, RTE