With International Podcast Day coming up this weekend (30 September), this week’s podcast focuses on seven great journalism podcasts.
We also recap a few of our podcasting favourites that have appeared on our very own weekly show, including Tom Standage from The Economist’s collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future, Amber Hunt from the Aftermath podcast and Yasir Khan on Al Jazeera’s podcast The Debrief.
We cap it all off by speaking with journalist George Sharpe, currently with Wessex FM and freelancing with BBC Solent, on the themes within his podcasts ‘My husband’s secret addiction’ and ‘All’s fair in love and church’.
If you are a podcasting fanatic and looking to get started with one of your own, then our 'Introduction to podcasting' training day might be for you — and it is just around the corner on 24 October too.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Launch and grow your news podcast
- The Financial Times creates interactive audio documentary to immerse audiences in stories about Berlin
- ‘Cut out the rubbish and cut to the chase’: Making a news podcast? Here’s how to improve it
- The Economist and Slate collaborate on The Secret History of the Future to share audiences and expertise
- Blockchain, vertical video and podcasting: Here is your weekly journalism news update