With International Podcast Day coming up this weekend (30 September), this week’s podcast focuses on seven great journalism podcasts.
We also recap a few of our podcasting favourites that have appeared on our very own weekly show, including Tom Standage from The Economist’s collaborative podcast The Secret History of the Future, Amber Hunt from the Aftermath podcast and Yasir Khan on Al Jazeera’s podcast The Debrief.
We cap it all off by speaking with journalist George Sharpe, currently with Wessex FM and freelancing with BBC Solent, on the themes within his podcasts ‘My husband’s secret addiction’ and ‘All’s fair in love and church’.
If you are a podcasting fanatic and looking to get started with one of your own, then our 'Introduction to podcasting' training day might be for you — and it is just around the corner on 24 October too.
Free daily newsletter
- What the Reuters Institute's Digital News Report 2021 means for your audio strategy
- Tip: Become a podcasting pro
- Newsquest experiments with audio to boost audience engagement and subscriptions
- Advertorial | Rethinking audio discovery: from page views to listens
- Apple and Spotify paid-for subscriptions: what does it mean for publishers?